MSD is excited to announce the next generation of 6-series ignition controls the 6AL-2. The all new ignition control combines a new housing, new digital controls and more power in a sleek package. Inside the new cast aluminum housing you ll find an advanced micro-controller that manages the timing and RPM of the ignition. The spark output of the new box has been turned up to 535 V of primary voltage with spark energy reaching up to 135millijoules. The multiple sparks of the 6AL-2 burn in the cylinder for 20 degrees of crankshaft rotation to ensure complete combustion. Two more great features are the rev limits. There are two rev limiters; one for high end overrev protection and another you can activate off a clutch or trans brake to set a launch limit. This feature will help your car blast off the starting line. Adjustments are made via four rotary dials for 100 RPM increment control.
- All new housing, digital circuits and performance
- Built-in 2-step rev control – with rotary dials
- Higher output with up to 135 m and 535 V
- Accepts Hall-effect, points and mag pickup triggers
- Managed by an efficient digital control