The MSD 6TN and MSD 6ALN were designed with NASCAR racing in mind. In fact, both of the capacitive discharge high power ignitions are NASCAR approved! The N series ignitions feature the mandatory 6-pin Weathertight connector to meet NASCAR ignition wiring rule, 20 to 6.1. This special connector provides a tight, positive locking connection with individual seals to keep dirt and moisture away from each connection. All of the MSD s primary wiring meets MIL-86A specifications with special tinned conductors for superior crimps. Inside the strong cast aluminum housing, the multiple sparking CD circuits are encased in a clear two part silicone elastomer for the ultimate in vibration protection. A special clear base plate is also installed for easy tech inspection. The 6TN is equipped with a special 4-pin connector that plugs directly into an MSD soft touch rev control, PN 8738, while the 6ALN has a built-in rev control.
- Multiple spark, capacitive discharge ignition control
- Designed for circle track racing with NASCAR mandated connectors and clear epoxy potting compound for vibration protection
- 6-pin Weathertight connector, mandatory for NASCAR use
- Circuit board is encased in a clear two part silicone elastomer
- Clear plastic base plate for easy tech inspection
- Built-in soft touch rev control is adjustable with RPM modules