The 6 bum is ideal for engines with a turbo or supercharger. Not only will the engine benefit from MSD s full power CD sparks, but there is also an adjustable boost/timing retard circuit to prevent detonation. When your turbo or blower forces the air/fuel mixture into the engine, the cylinder pressure inside the combustion chamber increases. The result is a great increase in power but this can also lead to detonation that can result in severe engine damage. The 6 bum lets you dial away detonation by retarding the timing in relation to the boost pressure. A dash mounted control knob lets you adjust the amount of timing retard. It can be adjusted from 0 degrees per pound of boost to 3 degrees per pound (Up to 15 degrees). The 6 btm also shares the soft touch rev control of the 6AL ignition for overrev protection. The BTM is supplied with rubber shock mounts and RPM modules for 3,000, 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 RPM.
- Multiple spark, capacitive discharge ignition control
- Ability to retard the ignition timing from 1 degree to 3 degrees per pound of boost with the click of a dial, maximum of 15 degrees, with dash mounted adjustable control knob
- Unit carries multiple sparks for 20° of crankshaft rotation and works on 12 to 18 Volt electrical system
- Accepts breaker points, amplifier and magnetic pickup trigger inputs
- Built-in soft touch rev control is adjustable with RPM modules
- Programmable for 4, 6, or 8-cylinders by cutting red/blue wire loops