The programmable midget ignition is a complete electronic distributor less system consisting of a powerful capacitive discharge ignition control, a four tower high output coil pack and uses two non-magnetic pick-ups with a trigger wheel as a crank trigger source. This takes all of the mechanical variables out of the picture to produce exact ignition timing! Adding to the accuracy and high output of this ignition system, is the advantage of being able to precisely program the timing throughout the engine’s entire RPM range. By using the optional hand held programmer, PN 7550, or MSD’s pro-data+ software package on a windows based PC, racers can program two different timing curves down to .1° per 100 RPM increments! The midget ignition is supplied with the ignition control, two non-magnetic pick-ups, trigger magnet, on/off switch and software.
- Plot two timing curves ranging from 800-15, 000 RPM in 0.1 degrees increments
- Program a start retard to ease cranking
- Select a rev limit from 2,000 – 15,000 RPM in 100 RPM increments
- A battery monitor circuit shows real time battery voltage and a low voltage time percentage
- Designed specifically for midget racing
- Switch between two timing curves as track conditions change during a race