At AutoZone, we are serious about protecting the environment. If you are too, we want to help. Here are a few easy ways you can help take care of our world while taking care of your car.
KEEPING YOUR CAR WELL MAINTAINED IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO!
- Regular tune-ups (replacing worn spark plugs, plug wires, oxygen sensors, dirty air filters and pouring in a fuel treatment) help your vehicle run at maximum efficiency to help minimize emissions and maximize gas mileage.
- Maintain proper tire pressure to reduce friction with the road and help you save gas.
- If the seal on your gas cap is damaged or worn, replace the gas cap to prevent fuel evaporation. The Car Care Council says 147 million gallons of gasoline vaporize into the atmosphere annually.
- If your Check Engine Light is on, let us help you find out why. The most common causes of an illuminated Check Engine Light are fuel and emissions issues that can reduce fuel economy and increase air pollution.
- Be sure to inspect your air conditioning system for leaks to prevent refrigerant from leaking into the atmosphere and to ensure your car stays cool.
Avoid excessive speeding, idling, aggressive acceleration and rapid braking to save gas. Aggressive driving can lower gas mileage by up to 33% on the highway and up to 5% in the city.
BRING US YOUR USED OIL & BATTERIES
Don't worry about what to do with your used batteries and motor oil. Most AutoZone stores accept used motor oil, transmission fluid, gear oil and automotive batteries. AutoZone recycles 8.5 million gallons of used oil each year. This reduces greenhouse gases and preserves landfill space.
DON'T DUMP OLD PARTS
AutoZone Collects and recycles 13,000 tons of scrap metal per year (brake rotors, pads, water pumps, radiators, etc).
Click here to find out more about what AutoZone does to help protect our environment.
All figures based on 2010 data.