In some instances when you install an MSD Ignition, the factory ECU may not be able to distinguish when the coil fires. This is the signal that is also responsible for firing the injectors (or the tachometer), which may cause a no-run situation. The dual channel ignition adapter simulates the original coil trigger signal thus allowing the ECU to properly trigger both the tach and fuel injection with the MSD DIS ignition installed. In most cases, the adapter plugs directly into the MSD’s harness. For vehicles using an MSD DIS-2 ignition, only one PN 8912 is required. For DIS-4 applications, two PN 8912’s are required. For Ford coil -on-plug and 2003 and newer vehicles PN 89121 is required.
- Has dual channel ignition adapter
- For use with MSD DIS ignition control
- Two coil pack applications
- Simulates the coil signal
- Allows ECU to properly trigger
- Ford coil-on-plug for 03 and newer vehicles