The control arm bushings are serviced with the control arm as an assembly.
Removal & Installation
- If equipped with air suspension, the air suspension switch, located on the right-hand side of the luggage compartment, must be turned to the OFF position before raising the vehicle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following:
Upper control arm. Tighten the pivot bolts to 110-148 ft. lbs. (148-201 Nm).
- If equipped with air suspension, turn the air suspension service switch to the ON position.
- Align the vehicle.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle on safety stands positioned on the frame just behind the lower arm.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly and position a floor jack under the lower arm.
- Remove the retaining nut from the upper ball joint stud to spindle pinch bolt. Tap the pinch bolt to remove from the spindle.
- Using a suitable prybar, spread the slot to allow the ball joint stud to release out of the spindle.
- Remove the upper arm retaining bolts and the upper arm.
- Transfer the rebound bumper from the old arm to the new arm, or replace the bumper if worn or damaged.
- Use reference marks from the camber and caster cams as initial settings.
- Position the upper arm shaft to the frame bracket. Install the 2 retaining bolts and washers. Position the arm in the center of the slot adjustment range and tighten to 100-140 ft. lbs.
- Connect the upper ball joint stud to the spindle and install the retaining pinch bolt and nut. Tighten the nut to 67 ft. lbs. (92 Nm).
- Install the wheel and tire assembly and lower the vehicle. Check the front end alignment.