Drive Belt Routings
Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.
Removal & Installation
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Remove the 7 pin-type retainers and the RH splash shield.
- If equipped, remove the 3 A/C compressor pulley shield retainers and the shield.
- Using a suitable belt tensioner release tool, rotate the accessory drive belt tensioner counterclockwise and remove the accessory drive belt.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.