REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative, then the positive battery cables and remove the battery from the vehicle.
- Unfasten the power distribution box-to-battery tray attaching bolt, then remove the battery tray.
- Detach the 16-pin valve body to wire harness connector.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle, then remove the left front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the left side inner fender splash shield.
- Detach the 3-pin fluid level switch connector, 4-pin pump motor connector and the 55-pin ABS control module connector.
The master cylinder will drain if the feed hose is not pinched off. DO NOT allow brake fluid to come in contact with wiring or paint. Immediately rinse any paint or wiring with water if brake fluid comes in contact with them.
- Remove the low pressure feed hose from the hydraulic control unit reservoir.
- Disconnect the left side front brake tube from the hose at the hose mounting bracket.
- Remove the two lower ABS assembly mounting bracket attaching screws.
- Carefully lower the vehicle and disconnect the five brake tube connections at the junction block. Remove the two junction block retaining nuts.
- Remove the two upper ABS/HCU assembly mounting bracket attaching bolts, then remove the assembly from the vehicle.
- Position the ABS/HCU assembly and place the mounting bracket hook through the slot in the outer frame rail. Hand-start the two lower mounting screws.
- Carefully lower the vehicle, then install the two upper mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 8.5-11.5 ft. lbs. (11.4-15.6 Nm).
- Raise and safely support the vehicles and tighten the two lower mounting screws to 8.5-11.5 ft. lbs. (11.4-15.6 Nm).
- Attach the lower pressure feed hose to the HCU reservoir.
- Attach the 55-pin control module connector, the 4-pin pump motor relay connector and the 3-pin fluid level switch connector.
- Carefully lower the vehicle and install the two junction block retaining nuts and tighten to 1.7-2.4 ft. lbs. (2.3-3.3 Nm).
- Reattach the five tube connections at the junction block. Tighten to 10-18 ft. lbs. (14-247 Nm).
- Attach the 16-pin valve body-to-wire harness connector. Install the battery tray.
- Install the power distribution box on the battery tray attaching bolt.
- Install the battery, then connect the positive, then the negative battery cables.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Install the fender splash shield and the tire and wheel assembly.
- Carefully lower the vehicle. Bleed the brake system as outlined in this section.
- Test drive the vehicle and test for proper brake operation.