The brake on/off switch is located under the instrument panel at the top of the brake pedal and is used to operate the brake lights.REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Squeeze the tabs on the brake on/off (BOO) switch electrical connector and disconnect the connector.
- Loosen the BOO switch locknut and remove the switch.
- Install the BOO switch in the bracket.
- Measure the distance between the threaded end of the switch and the brake pedal stopper. The distance should be 0.012 -0.039 inch (0.3 -1.0mm).
- Adjust the switch, if needed.
- Tighten the locknut to 9 -11 ft. lbs. (12 -15 Nm).
- Connect the BOO switch electrical connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.