REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The brake light (stop lamp) switch is located on the brake pedal assembly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the electrical harness at the switch.
- Loosen the switch locknut.
- Remove the switch.
- Install and adjust the switch.
- Tighten the switch locknut.
- Connect the electrical harness at the switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figure 2
- Adjust the clearance between the brake pedal and the stop lamp switch or Automatic Speed Control Device (ASCD) switch, by loosening the locknut and adjusting the switch.
- The clearance should be approximately 0.012-0.039 in. (0.30-1.00mm) between the switch threads and the brake pedal.