- Remove the retaining nut.
- While holding the clutch plate with a strap wrench or clutch plate holding tool, remove the shaft or hub nut.
- Some clutches use shaft keys and shims which require removal. Set them aside for future use.
- Use snap ring pliers to remove the snap ring.
- Use a pulley remover to remove the pulley and bearing assembly.
- Install the pulley and bearing assembly on the front of the compressor. If properly aligned, the assembly should slide on. If difficult, use pulley replacer and tap lightly with a plastic hammer. Do not use unnecessary force.
- Apply a drop of thread lock to the threads of the pulley retainer nut.
- Install the pulley retainer nuts and tighten to specifications.
- Replace the keys and shims as necessary.
- Install the nut and tighten to specifications.
- Support the pulley with the proper clutch pulley support.
- drive out the bearing(s) using a and .
- If necessary, make sure the dust shield and retainer is in place before installing a new bearing.
- Install the new bearing(s) use the bearing installer and hammer. Bearing(s) must be fully seated. Take care not to damage the bearing with hard blows of the hammer.
- Reinstall the bearing retainer snap ring.
How To Instructions:
- Check for obvious problems.
Check out one of the largest dictionaries of automotive terms
on the internet.