REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Drain the differential oil.
- Disconnect the front driveshaft.
Detach the front halfshafts from the side gear shafts.
- Place matchmarks on the halfshaft and remove the 6 bolts and nuts retaining the shaft and side gear.
- Disconnect the halfshafts from the side gear shaft.
- Remove the No. 2 and left engine under cover.
- Remove the No. 1 and No. 2 differential support protectors.
- Support the front differential with a jack. Remove the 3 support bolts, 6 cushions and collars. Lower the jack and remove the front differential assembly.
- Remove the bolts and No. 1 differential support. Remove the 2 bolts and No. 2 differential support. Remove the 4 bolts retaining the differential support.
- Install the differential support with the 4 bolts and tighten them to 116 ft. lbs. (157 Nm).
- Install the No. 2 differential support with the 21 bolts and tighten to 48 ft. lbs. (65 Nm). Attach the No. 1 differential support and tighten that to 51 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
- Jackup the front differential assembly and install the collars, cushions and support bolts to the 3 support. Tighten the 3 bolts to 54 ft. lbs. (73 Nm).
- Attach the No. 1 and No. 2 differential support protectors and tighten them to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the left and No. 2 engine under covers.
- Connect the halfshafts to the side gear shafts. Align the matchmarks and connect the halfshaft to the side gears shaft with the 6 bolts and nuts. Tighten them to 51 ft. lbs. (69 Nm).
- Connect the front dirveshaft.
- Fill the differential with the correct amount of gear oil.