REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Never open, service or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant. Also, when draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantities. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Partially drain and recover the coolant.
- Remove the coolant air bleed pipe retaining bolt and nut.
- Pull back the hose clamp from the coolant tank hose and separate the hose from the tank.
- Separate the air bleed pipe from the coolant outlet housing.
- Attach the air bleed pipe to the outlet housing.
- Slide the hose and clamp over the coolant tank hose and secure.
- Attach and secure the air bleed pipe bolt and nut.
- Fill the cooling system, refer to Routine Maintenance .