Fuel line disconnect tool set T90T-9550-S or equivalent is required to perform this procedure.
- Disconnect the battery cables, negative cable first.
- Remove the battery and the battery tray.
- Unclip the constant control relay module and position it aside.
- Remove the radiator cap.
- Raise the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
Remove the radiator splash shields.
CAUTIONNever open, service or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant. Also, when draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantities. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Drain the cooling system into a suitable container.
- Remove the radiator mounting bracket assembly.
- Disconnect the lower and upper radiator hoses and the overflow hose from the radiator.
- Remove the A/C condenser retaining bolts.
- Remove the transaxle cooler line clips.
- Using a 3 / 8 inch fuel line disconnect tool T90T-9550-S or its equivalent, disconnect the transaxle oil cooler tubes from the radiator.
- Remove the transaxle oil cooler line bracket and position the oil cooler aside.
- Remove the A/C condenser bracket and position the A/C condenser core aside.
- Remove the retaining bolts and radiator support bracket.
Remove the radiator.
- Place the radiator in position.
- Install the radiator support bracket and the retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts to 71-106 inch lbs. (8-12 Nm).
- Place the A/C condenser core into position, install the condenser bracket and the retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 45-61 inch lbs. (5-7 Nm).
- Place the transaxle oil cooler in position and install the oil cooler tube bracket. Tighten the retainers to 45-61 inch lbs. (5-7 Nm).
- Install the transaxle cooler line tubes and the cooler line clips.
- Place the A/C condenser retaining bracket and install the retainers. Tighten the retainers to 45-61 inch lbs. (5-7 Nm).
- Attach the radiator overflow hose and the radiator hoses to the radiator. Tighten the hose clamps securely.
- Install the radiator mounting bracket and its retainers. Tighten the retainers to 81-106 inch lbs. (8-12 Nm).
- Install the radiator splash shields and lower the vehicle.
- Place the constant control relay module in position and install the retaining clip.
- Install the battery tray and battery.
- Connect the battery cables, negative cable last.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.
- Start the engine and check for coolant and transmission fluid leaks.