Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the cooling system.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Clean the manifold mating surfaces.
- Grease the inside edge of the rubber plenum duct.
Position the intake manifold by performing the following sub-steps:
- Place the rear of the intake manifold into the plenum duct.
- Place the front of the intake manifold downward on to the cylinder heads.
- Install the intake manifold bolts and torque to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm) in the sequence illustrated. DO NOT torque the intake manifold bolts when the engine is HOT or at operating temperature.
- Make sure the plenum duct is fully attached to the rear of the intake manifold and tighten the plenum duct clamp to 20 inch lbs. (2.25 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Fuel rail and injectors and tighten the rail retainers to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.