Ford Five Hundred 2005
Mercury Montego 2005
- Turn the ignition switch on.
- Install Restraints Control Module (RCM) fuse no. F2.21 and the fuse cover.
- Turn the ignition off.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition on and then off. Wait 10 seconds and turn the key back on. Watch the air bag indicator. The indicator light will remain lit constantly for 6 seconds and then go off. If the indicator does not turn on and then off, diagnose the air bag system
- Clear all Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) using a diagnostic tool.