Removal & Installation
The wheel bearing is integral with the wheel hub and can not be replaced separately. If the wheel bearing is found to be defective, the wheel hub must be replaced as an assembly.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the steering knuckle.
- Remove and discard the wheel hub-to-knuckle bolts and separate the knuckle from the hub.
- Clean the steering knuckle bore.
- Install the wheel hub-to-the steering knuckle.
- Install the wheel hub-to-knuckle bolts and tighten to 81 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Install the steering knuckle.
- Install the wheel and tire.