Removal & Installation
- Remove the front seats. For additional information, refer to Front Seats.
Remove the front console.
- Remove the floor shifter trim ring.
- Remove the floor console center finish panel.
- Remove the 2 floor console front screws.
- Remove the floor console LH and RH finish panels.
- Remove the 4 front floor console bolts.
- Remove the 2 front floor console-to-instrument panel screws.
Disconnect the electrical connectors, and then remove the floor console.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Recover the refrigerant, as outlined in the Heating & Air Conditioning Section.
- Remove the powertrain control module (PCM), as outlined in the Engine Performance & Emission Controls Section.
- Remove the wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft assembly. For additional information, refer to Wiper Mounting Arm And Pivot Shaft.
Remove the roll restrictor crossbeam-to-roll restrictor bolt.
Remove the 4 restrictor crossbeam-to-strut tower bolts and the crossmember.
Disconnect the heater hoses.
Remove the thermostatic expansion valve (TXV) manifold bolt.
Remove the RH instrument panel cowl top bolt.
Remove the 2 LH instrument panel cowl top bolts.
- Position the front door weatherstrips aside.
- Position the scuff plates aside.
- Remove the cowl trim panels.
Remove the lower instrument panel insulator.
- Remove the floor shifter.
Remove the front carpet sections.
- Remove the 2 pin-type retainers and the drivers footrest pad.
Disconnect the RH main wiring harness electrical connector and radio antenna connector.
Remove the pin-type retainers and remove the rear footwell duct.
Remove the bolts and detach the ground wires from the floor pan tunnel.
Remove the instrument panel side panels.
Remove the RH and LH A-pillar trim panels.
- Position the weatherstrip aside near the A-pillar.
- Pull the top outboard edge of the A-pillar trim panel toward the inside of the vehicle to disengage the retaining clips.
- Pull the A-pillar trim panel upward to remove it from the dash panel.
Remove the steering column cover.
- Position the hood release handle aside.
Remove the steering column pinch bolt.
Disconnect the LH side main wiring harness electrical connectors.
Disconnect the restraints control module (RCM) small electrical connector.
CAUTIONTo avoid damaging the instrument panel upper section, this step requires the help of an assistant.
NOTEMark the location of the crossbeam bolts for correct alignment upon installation.
NOTERemove the bolts from one side completely and support the crossbeam before removing the bolts from the opposite side.
- Remove the tunnel reinforcement bolts.
- Remove the instrument panel.