Removal & Installation
Rotate the instrument panel face down and replace through the right door.
- Install the instrument panel.
Install the tunnel reinforcement bolts, and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
CAUTIONTo avoid damaging the instrument panel upper section, this step requires the help of an assistant.
NOTEUse the location marks of the crossbeam bolts for correct alignment upon installation.
NOTEInstall the bolts from one side completely and support the crossbeam before Installing the bolts for the opposite side.
Reconnect the restraints control module (RCM) small electrical connector.
Reconnect the LH side main wiring harness electrical connectors.
Install the steering column pinch bolt. Tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Reposition the hood release handle.
- Install the steering column cover.
- Install the RH and LH A-pillar trim panels.
Install the instrument panel side panels.
Reconnect the ground wires to the floor pan tunnel, and Install the bolts.
Install the rear footwell duct and Install the pin-type retainers.
- Reconnect the RH main wiring harness electrical connector and radio antenna connector.
Install the front carpet sections.
- Install the 2 pin-type retainers and the drivers footrest pad.
Install the floor shifter.
Install the lower instrument panel insulator.
- Install the cowl trim panels.
Reposition the scuff plates.
- Push the front of the scuff plate trim panels downward to engage the retaining clips.
Reposition the front door weatherstrips.
- Install the 2 LH instrument panel cowl top bolts.
- Install the RH instrument panel cowl top bolt.
- Install the thermostatic expansion valve (TXV) manifold bolt.
Reconnect the heater hoses.
- Install the 4 restrictor crossbeam-to-strut tower bolts and the crossmember.
Install the roll restrictor crossbeam-to-roll restrictor bolt.
- Clean the bolt using a wire brush and apply new threadlock sealer to the threads. Tighten to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm).
- Install the wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft assembly. For additional information, refer to Wiper Mounting Arm And Pivot Shaft.
- Install the powertrain control module (PCM), as outlined in the Engine Performance & Emission Controls Section.
- Install the refrigerant, as outlined in the Heating & Air Conditioning Section.
- Fill the cooling system, as outlined in the Heating & Air Conditioning Section.
- Install the front console.
- Install the front seats, as outlined in Front Seats.