Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
- Remove the lower ball joint nut using a crow-s foot wrench, and discard the nut
- Push the lower arm down until the ball joint is clear of the lower arm.
- Install tool no. 307-102 over the ball stud.
- Remove and discard the lower arm bushing-to-subframe nuts and bolts.
- Remove the lower control arm.
- Install the lower control arm.
- Install the new lower arm bushing-to-subframe bolts from the bottom of the lower arm bushing with the nuts on top.
- Tighten the nuts to 73 ft. lbs. (99 Nm).
- Remove the special tool.
- Install the lower arm-to-subframe bolts and tighten to 111 ft. lbs. (150 Nm).
- Push the lower arm upward until the ball joint is up in the arm and install a new ball joint nut and tighten to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.