- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Release the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the fuel tank.
All wheel drive vehicles:
Remove the rear driveshaft.
NOTEFollowing the remainder of steps for all vehicles.
- Remove the rear driveshaft.
- Remove the muffler.
Disconnect the fuel vapor control tube assembly valve-to-fuel vapor tube quick connect coupling.
CAUTIONThe fuel tubes and fuel filter may have some fuel remaining within after the fuel system pressure is released. Upon disconnecting the fuel supply tubes or removing the fuel filter, carefully drain the residual fuel into a suitable container.
- Disconnect the fuel supply tube-to-fuel filter quick connect coupling.
- Disconnect the fuel vapor tube-to-fuel vapor control tube assembly valve quick connect coupling.
- Disconnect the fuel tank wiring harness electrical connector at the rear of the fuel tank.
Release the fuel tank filler pipe hose clamp.
CAUTIONThe fuel tank filler pipe may have some residual fuel remaining in it after draining. Upon disconnecting the fuel tank filler pipe hose, carefully drain the residual fuel into a suitable container
- Remove the fuel tank filler pipe hose from the fuel tank.
- Place a suitable lifting device under the fuel tank.
Remove the 2 front fuel tank strap bolts.
NOTEDo not bend the fuel tank straps.
- Loosen the 2 rear fuel tank strap bolts and position the 2 fuel tank straps aside.
- Lower the fuel tank enough to move forward, clear of the fuel straps then complete the lowering procedure.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Observe the following tightening specifications:
- Fuel tank strap bolts: 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm)
- Fuel tank filler pipe hose clamp: 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm)