Remove or disconnect the following:
- Separate the halfshaft from the hub using tool no. 205-D070.
- Remove and discard the lower ball joint nut.
- Disconnect the lower control arm.
- On the left side, on 6-speed models, use a slide hammer and remove the halfshaft from the transaxle.
- On the left side on CVT models, use a slide hammer and halfshaft fork no. 205-241 and remove the shaft from the transaxle.
- On the right side, remove the halfshaft bearing nuts and remove the halfshaft.
- On both sides, inspect the halfshaft seal and replace if necessary.
Install a new retainer circlip on the inboard CV-joint stub shaft by starting one end in the groove and working the retainer circlip over the inboard shaft housing end and into the groove. This will avoid over-expanding the circlip.
NOTEA non-metallic mallet may be used to aid in seating the retainer circlip into the differential side gear groove. If a mallet is necessary, tap only on the outboard CV-joint shaft.
- Install the halfshaft.
- On the right side install the halfshaft bearing nuts and tighten to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- On both sides install the halfshaft into the hub.
- Connect the lower control arm to the knuckle and install a new ball joint nut. Tighten the nut to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Using the old axle nut and washer tighten the nut to seat the halfshaft in the hub.
- Remove the old nut and washer.
- Install a new axle nut and washer and in a continuous motion, tighten the nut to 184 ft. lbs. (250 Nm).
- Install the brake caliper and tighten to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Install the front wheels and lower the vehicle.