Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the wiper motor and pivot assembly, as follows:
Remove the windshield wiper arms.
NOTEDisconnect the washer hose before removing the cowl panel grille.
- Remove the pushpin-type retainers and the cowl panel grille.
- Remove the washer hose grommet from the cowl panel and position aside the washer hose.
- If equipped, remove the A/C air inlet filter.
- Remove the 9 cowl panel bolts and position aside the cowl panel.
- Disconnect the windshield wiper motor electrical connector.
- Remove the cowl panel from the vehicle.
- Remove the 4 bolts and the windshield wiper motor.
- Remove the windshield wiper arms.
Disconnect the electrical connector from the ignition coil.
WARNINGIt is important to twist the spark plug wire boots while pulling upward to avoid possible damage to the spark plug wires.
WARNINGSpark plug wires must be connected to the correct ignition coil terminal. Mark the spark plug wire locations before removing them.
- Disconnect the 6 spark plug wires from the ignition coil.
Remove the 3 bolts and the ignition coil.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the coil bolts to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).