Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEInstall a suitable engine lifting device and raise the engine approximately 5 inches to gain access to the water pump pulley bolts.
Negative battery cable
- Clean the gasket surfaces on the water pump and front cover.
- Position a new water pump housing gasket on the water pump sealing surface using gasket sealant to hold the gasket in place.
- Install the water pump and tighten the bolts in sequence shown to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse of removal.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.