Removal & Installation
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- Remove the pin-type retainers and the RH fender splash shield.
- Use a strap wrench to hold the crankshaft pulley and remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
Using a 3-jaw puller, remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Lubricate the front cover and the crankshaft front seal inner lip with clean engine oil.
- Clean the keyway and slot using metal surface cleaner before applying silicone gasket and sealer.
- The crankshaft pulley must be installed and bolt tightened within 4 minutes of applying the silicone gasket and sealer.
- Apply silicone gasket and sealant to the end of the keyway slot.
- Lubricate the outside diameter sealing surfaces with clean engine oil.
Using the special tool, install the crankshaft pulley.
- Install the bolt and washer. Using damper installer and seal installer, tool to hold the crankshaft pulley and tighten the bolt in 4 stages: Stage 1: Tighten to 120 Nm (89 lb-ft). Stage 2: Loosen one full turn. Stage 3: Tighten to 50 Nm (37 lb-ft). Stage 4: Tighten an additional 90 degrees.
- Position the RH fender splash shield and install the pin-type retainers.
- Install the accessory drive belt.