Removal & Installation
Ford Five Hundred 2005-2007
Mercury Montego 2005-2007
Ford Five Hundred 2006-2007
Mercury Montego 2006-2007
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the oil filter.
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
- Remove the exhaust flex pipe.
- Remove the torque converter inspection cover.
- Remove 2 oil pan-to-transaxle bolts.
- Remove the oil filter adapter-to-oil pan bolt.
- Remove the 15 retaining bolts and remove the oil pan.
- Clean the gasket mating surfaces thoroughly.
Apply a drop of sealant to the locations shown.
NOTEWhen using silicone rubber sealer, assembly must occur within 5 minutes after sealer application. After this time, the sealer may start to harden and its sealing effectiveness may be reduced.
- Install the oil pan using a new gasket and secure to the block with the attaching bolts. Tighten the bolts in sequence to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the oil filter adapter-to-oil pan bolt.
- Install 2 oil pan-to-transaxle bolts.
- Install the torque converter inspection cover.
- Install the exhaust flex pipe.
- Install a new oil filter.
- Fill the engine with the proper type and amount of clean oil.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Start the engine and check for leaks.