Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
- Remove the transaxle.
Remove the flexplate.
WARNINGUse caution when working near the crankshaft sealing surface. If the surface becomes damaged, an oil leak may occur.
- Screw in the threaded end of a crankshaft rear seal replacer tool, then use the tool to remove the seal.
- Inspect the crankshaft seal area for any damage that may cause the seal to leak. If damage is evident, service or replace the crankshaft as necessary.
- Coat the crankshaft seal area and the seal lip with engine oil.
- Using a crankshaft seal replacer tool, install the seal. Tighten the bolts of the seal installer tool evenly so the seal is straight and seats without misalignment.
- Install the flexplate and tighten the bolts to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Install the transaxle, lower the vehicle and connect the battery.