Removal & Installation
Always use new bolts and nuts on the suspension components.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove and discard the axle hub nut.
- Remove the tie rod-to-wheel nut and separate the tie rod from the knuckle.
- Remove the brake disc.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor and wire aside.
- Remove the lower ball joint nut using a crow-s foot wrench, and discard the nut
- Push the lower arm down until the ball joint is clear of the lower arm.
- Install tool no. 307-102 over the ball stud.
- Use a puller and press the halfshaft from the wheel hub and support the halfshaft level.
- Remove and discard the wheel knuckle-to-strut nut and bolt.
- Remove the wheel knuckle.
- Install the wheel knuckle.
- Install and the wheel knuckle-to-strut nut and bolt and tighten to 129 ft. lbs. (175 Nm).
- Install the halfshaft in the wheel hub.
- Remove the ball stud tool and connect the ball joint to the lower control arm
- Install a new ball joint nut and tighten to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Install the wheel speed sensor.
- Install the brake disc.
- Install the tie rod to the wheel knuckle and tighten the new nut to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Install a new axle hub nut and tighten to 258 ft. lbs. (350 Nm).
- Install the front wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.