- Place the vehicle in neutral and position it on a hoist
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEThe fuel lines and filter may contain some fuel after the fuel system pressure is released. After disconnecting the lines or removing the filter, carefully drain the residual fuel into a suitable container.
- Disconnect the fuel supply line-to-fuel filter inlet quick connect coupling.
- Disconnect the fuel supply line-to-fuel filter outlet quick connect coupling.
- Loosen the fuel filter retaining clamp.
- Remove the fuel filter.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the filter retaining clamp to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks.