Removal & Installation
- Place the vehicle on a hoist.
- Remove the exhaust system at the flex pipe.
- Remove the exhaust support brace.
- Index mark the driveshaft to the rear axle pinion flange, PTU flange and center bearing bracket.
- Disconnect the driveshaft from the rear pinion flange and discard the bolts.
- Remove the driveshaft flange bolts from the PTU flange and discard the bolts.
- Disconnect the driveshaft from the PTU flange.
- Remove the center bearing bracket bolts and remove the driveshaft.
- Remove and discard the pinion flange nut.
- Using a puller, remove the pinion flange.
Remove the pinion seal.
- Using a seal installer, install the pinion seal.
- Install the drive pinion flange using a new nut. Tighten the nut to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Install the driveshaft.
- Install the center bearing bracket and loosely tighten the bolts. bolts and remove the driveshaft.
- Using the index marks made on removal, connect the driveshaft to the PTU flange and rear pinion flange and hand tighten the bolts..
- Tighten the center bearing bracket bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Tighten the driveshaft to rear pinion flange and PTU flange bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the exhaust support brace and tighten the bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Install the exhaust system.
Lower the vehicle.