Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the fuel charging wiring harness.
- Remove the fuel pressure vacuum connector and fuel supply line.
- Remove the fuel injection supply manifold, with injectors attached.
Remove the retaining clips and separate the injectors from the supply manifold.
Inspect fuel injector O-rings for signs of deterioration and replace as required.
NOTENever use silicone grease on fuel injectors.
- Lubricate O-rings with clean engine oil and position fuel injectors on the supply manifold. Install the retaining clips.
- Install the fuel injection supply manifold, making sure the injectors are seated properly. A slight rocking motion helps seat the injectors.
- Install the fuel pressure vacuum connector and fuel supply line.
- Install the fuel charging wiring connectors.
- Start the engine and check for fuel leaks.