Removal & Installation
- Loosen the lug nuts on the rear wheels.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Position a jack under the rear axle assembly and raise it slightly to put the suspension at normal ride height.
- Remove the lower shock absorber bolt/nut and disconnect the shock from the rear axle.
- Lower the rear axle slightly to help aid removal of the upper shock absorber bolt/nut.
- Remove the shock absorber.
- Attach the shock absorber to the upper mounting bracket and install a new retaining bolt/nut.
- Slowly raise the rear axle assembly with a jack, and guide the lower shock absorber into the bracket on the rear axle assembly. Install a new retaining bolt/nut.
- Raise the rear suspension to normal ride height and tighten the upper shock absorber retaining bolt to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm), and the lower bolt to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Install the wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.