Ford Freestyle 2006-2007
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Remove the coolant temperature sensor.
- Place the sensor in a container of water with a temperature approximately 20 degrees C (68 F).
- Using an ohmmeter, check resistance between the terminals. The resistance should be 37.30 Kohms.
- Raise the temperature of the container of water to approximately 80 degrees C (176F).
- Using an ohmmeter, check resistance between the terminals. The resistance should be 3.84 Kohms.
If the resistance is not as specified, replace the sensor.