Removal & Installation
Motor & Regulator
- Remove the exterior mirror trim cover.
- Disconnect the exterior mirror control switch electrical connector.
- Remove the front door handle bezel screw cover.
- Remove the front door handle bezel screw.
- Remove the front door handle bezel.
- Remove the 2 front door handle trim cover screws
Remove the 6 front door trim panel screws.
CAUTIONAvoid pulling directly on the upper rear corner (vinyl portion) of the door trim panel during removal to prevent damage to the door trim panel.
- Pull the front door trim panel straight away from the front door to release the retaining clips.
- Disconnect the power window/door lock switch electrical connector.
- If equipped with power memory seat, disconnect the power memory seat electrical connector.
- Remove the front door trim panel.
- Remove the front door speaker.
- Remove the access hole cover, then disconnect the 2 door latch electrical connectors.
- If equipped, disconnect the keyless entry keypad and door lock electrical connectors.
- If equipped, disconnect the power mirror electrical connector.
- Disconnect the door latch and door lock linkages.
- Disconnect the window motor electrical connector, then position the wiring harness aside.
- Remove the interior door handle bolt, and position the door handle aside.
- Remove the window regulator motor.
- Lower the window until the glass clamp bolts can be accessed through the rear access hole and front door speaker opening.
- Loosen the B-pillar front door window glass clamp bolt.
- Loosen the A-pillar front door window glass clamp bolt.
- Tape the window in position, then lower the window regulator downward until it reaches the stops at the bottom of the regulator tracks.
- Remove the 11 bolts from the door module.
- Remove the 3 door latch screws.
- Disconnect the 6 wiring harness retainers and the 2 connector retainers from the inside of the door module, then feed the wiring harness through the door module.
- Remove the front door module. If installing a new door module, transfer parts as necessary.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
If installing a new LH front window motor, it must be initialized as follows:
- Turn the ignition key ON.
- Activate and hold the window control switch in the up position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds into the glass top run and release the switch.
- Activate and hold the window control switch in the down position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds at the bottom of its travel and release the switch.
- Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch up and one-touch down features.