Removal & Installation
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Recover the air conditioning refrigerant, into a refrigerant recovery station
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEDo not allow the flex connector of the duel converter Y-pipe to hang unsupported or damage to the flex joint will result.
Both battery cables
Dual converter Y-pipe and support it from the body
- Position the engine onto the transaxle and subframe assembly.
- Install the transaxle mount bolts. Torque the bolts to 46 ft. lbs. (63 Nm).
- Install the oil pan-to-transaxle bolt. Torque the bolt to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Install the engine mount bolts. Torque the bolts to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm).
- Install the bell housing bolts. Torque the bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Transaxle fluid level tube
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse of removal.
Please note the following torque specifications:
Passenger side roll restrictor. Torque the bolts to 46 ft. lbs. (63 Nm).
- Refill the engine, transaxle and cooling system with the correct amount of the appropriate fluids before starting the engine. Recharge the A/C system using approved recycling equipment.