- Raise and safely support the vehicle..
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the 8 pin-type retainers and the upper radiator sight shield.
- Disconnect the cooling fan electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the harness retainers from the fan shroud. To install, tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose.
- Remove the radiator alignment pins, as follows:
- Disconnect the radiator vent hose from the radiator.
- Disconnect the degas bottle return hose.
- Disconnect the lower radiator hose.
- Detach the transmission cooler tube clips.
- Disconnect the transmission cooler tubes, as follows:
- Detach the transmission cooler tube pin-type retainers.
Detach the power steering tubes from both sides of the radiator lower support.
- Remove the bolt and reposition the A/C muffler bracket aside.
Remove the screws.
NOTEPower steering cooler shown, auxiliary transmission fluid cooler is similar.
- Remove the bolts and position the cooler aside.
- Remove the 4 bolts and the lower radiator support and insulators.
- Remove the 2 radiator-to-condenser bolts.
- Remove the radiator.
- Lower the vehicle, cut the mechanics wire on the radiator and remove the radiator, cooling fans and shroud as an assembly.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Observe the following steps and tightening specifications.
- Radiator-to-condenser bolts: 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
- Radiator lower support and insulator bolts: 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm)
- Power steering and/or auxiliary transmission fluid cooler bolts: 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm)
- A/C muffler bracket bolt: 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm)
- Fan shroud retainers: 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
- Fill the transaxle using clean automatic transmission fluid.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.