Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEInstall a suitable engine lifting device and raise the engine approximately 5 inches to gain access to the water pump pulley bolts.
Negative battery cable
Be careful not to gouge the aluminum surfaces when scraping the old gasket material from the mating surfaces of the water pump and front cover.
- Clean the gasket surfaces on the water pump and front cover.
- Position a new water pump housing gasket on the water pump sealing surface using gasket sealant to hold the gasket in place.
- Install the water pump and tighten the bolts in sequence shown to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse of removal.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.