Jeep Compass 2007-2009
Jeep Patriot 2007-2009
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Rotate the 2 retaining clips (3) and remove the air cleaner fresh air duct (2).
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable, then the positive cable.
- Loosen the bolt and retainer that holds the battery down to the tray.
- Lift the battery out of the battery tray and remove from the vehicle.
- Remove the thermal guard (if equipped) from the battery.
- Install the battery in the vehicle making sure that the thermal guard (if equipped) is present and the battery is properly positioned on the battery tray (3).
Install the battery hold down retainer (2) and bolt (1) making sure that it is properly positioned on the battery. Tighten the hold down bolt to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Connect the battery positive cable, then the negative cable.
- Tighten the cable clamp nuts to 45 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the air cleaner fresh air duct (2) and secure it in place by rotating the 2 retaining clips (3).
- Verify proper vehicle operation.