Jeep Compass 2007-2009
Jeep Patriot 2007-2009
- Clamp the master cylinder in a vise with soft-jaw caps.
Attach the special tools for bleeding the master cylinder in the following fashion:
- Thread Special Tool 8822-2 Bleeder Tube Adapters into the primary and secondary outlet ports of the master cylinder. Tighten the Adapters to 150 inch lbs. (17 Nm).
- Thread Special Tool 8358-1 Bleeder Tube into each Adapter. Tighten tube nuts to 150 inch lbs. (17 Nm).
Flex each Bleeder Tube and place the open ends into the neck of the master cylinder reservoir. Position the open ends of the tubes into the reservoir so their outlets are below the surface of the brake fluid in the reservoir when filled.
NOTEMake sure the ends of the Bleeder Tubes stay below the surface of the brake fluid in the reservoir at all times during the bleeding procedure.
- Fill the brake fluid reservoir with fresh MOPAR® Brake Fluid DOT 3 Motor Vehicle, or equivalent.
- Using an appropriately sized wooden dowel as a pushrod, slowly press the pistons inward discharging brake fluid through the Bleeder Tubes, then release the pressure, allowing the pistons to return to the released position. Repeat this several times until all air bubbles are expelled from the master cylinder bore and Bleeder Tubes.
- Remove the Bleeder Tubes and Adapters from the master cylinder and plug the master cylinder outlet ports.
- Install the fill cap on the reservoir.
- Remove the master cylinder from the vise.
- Install the master cylinder on the vehicle.