Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the transaxle from the vehicle. Refer to Manual Transaxle Assembly, removal & installation.
- Disconnect the clutch hydraulic line (6) from the bleeder assembly (2).
- Disconnect and remove the bleeder assembly (2) from the clutch slave cylinder (3).
Remove the slave cylinder-to-clutch bell housing bolts (4) and remove the slave cylinder (3) from the transaxle.
Install the slave cylinder (3) to the transaxle using new bolts.
NOTETorque the 3 slave cylinder body screws first, then torque the fluid tube attachment.
Torque the slave cylinder-to-case bolts in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Tighten to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Step 2: Tighten to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Step 3: Tighten to 74 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install the transaxle. Refer to Manual Transaxle Assembly, removal & installation.
- Bleed the clutch hydraulic system. Refer to Hydraulic System Bleeding.