Do not open the radiator draincock with the system hot and under pressure because serious burns from coolant can occur.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the radiator crossmember.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose from the radiator.
- Remove the wiring harness bracket from the fan.
- Disconnect the radiator fan electrical connector.
- Detach the radiator fan assembly from the retaining clips.
Remove the radiator fan by lifting up and out of the engine compartment.
- Install the radiator fan assembly into the J-clips.
- Install the radiator fan fasteners. Tighten the screws to 55 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Install the radiator crossmember.
- Install the wiring harness bracket and connector the fan electrical connector.
- Install the upper radiator hose.
- Refill the cooling system to the correct level.
- Connect the negative battery cable.