Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the clean air hose and air cleaner housing.
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
- Remove the oxygen sensor.
- Remove the upper heat shield attaching bolts.
- Remove the upper heat shield.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the oxygen sensor electrical connector.
Remove the exhaust pipe-to-maniverter bolts.
- Remove the maniverter support bracket.
- Remove the lower exhaust maniverter heat shield.
- Remove the exhaust maniverter lower retaining fasteners.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the coolant adapter. Refer to Thermostat, removal & installation.
- Lower the vehicle and remove the upper exhaust maniverter retaining fasteners.
- Remove the maniverter (1) from above and between the engine and cowl panel.
Remove and discard the maniverter gasket.
- Install a new maniverter gasket. DO NOT APPLY SEALER.
- Position the maniverter (1) in place. Tighten the fasteners, starting at center and progressing outward in both directions, to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm). Repeat the tightening procedure until all the fasteners are at the specified torque.
- Install the coolant adapter. Refer to Thermostat, removal & installation.
- Install the maniverter heat shields. Tighten the bolts to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the maniverter support bracket and tighten the bolts.
- Install the exhaust pipe-to-maniverter bolts. Tighten the bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Install the oxygen sensor and connect the electrical connector.
- Install the engine cover.
- Install the air cleaner housing.
- Connect the cables on the battery.
- Position the air cleaner inlet and tighten the retainers.
- Top off all fluids, as necessary.