Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the accessory drive belt. Refer to Accessory Drive Belts, removal & installation.
Install Special Tool 9707 Damper Holder to remove the crankshaft damper bolt.
- Pull the damper off of the crankshaft.
Remove the crankshaft front seal by prying it out with a suitable pry tool.
WARNINGTake care not to damage the cover seal surface.
- Place the new seal onto Special Tool 9506 Seal Installer with the seal spring toward the inside of the engine.
- Install the new crankshaft front seal using the Seal Installer tool and the crankshaft damper bolt.
- Tighten the crankshaft bolt unti