Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the accessory drive belt splash shield.
- Remove the lower A/C compressor mounting bolt and remove the A/C mounting bracket.
- Remove the oil pan mounting bolts.
Using a putty knife, loosen the seal around the oil pan.
WARNINGDo not use the pry points in the engine block to remove the oil pan.
Remove the oil pan.
- Clean any old gasket material from the mating surfaces.
Apply MOPAR® Engine RTV GEN II at the front cover-to-engine block parting lines.
Apply a 2mm bead of MOPAR® Engine RTV GEN II around the oil pan mating surface as shown in the illustration.
Install the oil pan into position and tighten the bolts to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
NOTEThe 2 long bolts must be tightened to 195 inch lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the oil drain plug.
- Install the A/C compressor mounting bracket and A/C compressor lower mounting bolt.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Fill the engine with the proper type and amount of oil.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.