Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the engine cover (1) by pulling upward.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Remove the makeup air hose (2).
- Remove the PCV hose (3).
Disconnect the ignition coil electrical connectors (1).
- Use compressed air to blow dirt and debris off the cylinder head cover prior to removal.
- Remove the cylinder head cover bolts.
- Remove the cylinder head cover from the cylinder head.
Install the new cylinder head cover gaskets (1, 2).
Install the studs in the cover, as shown.
Clean all the RTV from the cylinder head.
NOTEWhen using RTV, the sealing surfaces must be clean and free from grease and oil and the parts should be assembled within 10 minutes and tightened to the final torque within 45 minutes.
Apply a dot of MOPAR® engine sealant RTV, or equivalent, to the cylinder head/front cover T-joint (1).
- Install the cylinder head cover assembly to the cylinder head and install all the bolts, ensuring the studs are located as shown.
- Tighten the bolts in the sequence shown using a 2 step torque method:
- Install the ignition coils. Tighten the fasteners to 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- If the PCV valve was removed, tighten the PCV valve to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Connect the coil electrical connectors (1).
- Connect the PCV hose (3) to the PCV valve.
- Connect the makeup air hose (2).
- Connect the negative battery cable and tighten the bolt to 45 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the engine cover (1) by pressing the rear of the cover down first.