Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
Remove the nut and pinch bolt that secures the ball joint stud to the knuckle.
WARNINGUpon removing the knuckle from the ball joint stud, do not pull outward on the knuckle. Pulling the knuckle outward at this point can separate the inner CV-joint on the halfshaft, thus damaging it.
Using a suitable pry tool, separate the ball joint stud from the knuckle by prying down on the lower control arm and up against the ball joint on the knuckle.
WARNINGUse care to not damage the ball joint seal.
- Remove the front bolt attaching the lower control arm to the front suspension crossmember.
- Remove the nut on the rear bolt attaching the lower control arm to the front suspension crossmember and remove the bolt.
Remove the lower control arm.
- Place the lower control arm into the front suspension crossmember.
- Insert the rear bolt up through the crossmember and lower control arm.
- Install, but do not fully tighten, the nut on the rear bolt attaching the lower control arm to the crossmember.
- Install, but do not fully tighten, the front bolt attaching the lower control arm to the crossmember.
With no weight or obstruction on the lower control arm, tighten the lower control arm front pivot bolt (2) to the following:
- Vehicles built prior to 8/1/08-100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm).
- Vehicles built after 8/1/08-118 ft. lbs. (160 Nm).
- Install the ball joint stud into the knuckle, aligning the bolt hole in the knuckle boss with the groove formed in the side of the ball joint stud. Install a new ball joint stud pinch bolt and nut and tighten the nut to 60 ft. lbs. (82 Nm).
- Install the front wheel. Tighten the wheel lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check the alignment and adjust as necessary.