Removal & Installation
Release the fuel system pressure before servicing the fuel system components. Service vehicles in well ventilated areas and avoid ignition sources. Never smoke while servicing the vehicle. This may result in personal injury or death.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Disconnect the electrical connectors from the fuel injectors.
- Disconnect the fuel line connection at the fuel rail.
- Remove the hard fuel line from the fuel rail.
- Remove the wiring harness clips from the fuel rail mounting studs.
- Remove the two bolts holding the fuel rail at the lower manifold.
Remove the fuel rail.
- Remove the clip holding the fuel injector to the fuel rail.
Remove the fuel injector, with the clip, from the fuel rail.
- Apply a light coating of clean engine oil to the upper O-ring of the fuel injector.
- Install each injector in the cup on the fuel rail and then install the retaining clip.
- Apply a light coating of clean engine oil to the O-ring on the nozzle each of each injector.
- Install the fuel rail/injector assembly by inserting the fuel injector nozzles into the openings in the lower intake manifold.
- Tighten the fuel rail mounting bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Install the wiring harness clips to the fuel rail mounting studs.
- Attach the electrical connectors to the fuel injectors.
- Install the fuel line to the fuel rail and connect the fuel supply tube.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Pressurize the fuel system with a diagnostic scan tool and check for leaks.