Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Disconnect the electrical connectors from the fuel injectors.
- Disconnect the fuel line connection at the fuel rail.
- Remove the hard fuel line from the fuel rail.
- Remove the wiring harness clips from the fuel rail mounting studs.
- Remove the two bolts holding the fuel rail at the lower manifold.
Remove the fuel rail.
- Remove the clip holding the fuel injector to the fuel rail.
Remove the fuel injector, with the clip, from the fuel rail.
- Apply a light coating of clean engine oil to the upper O-ring of the fuel injector.
- Install each injector in the cup on the fuel rail and then install the retaining clip.
- Apply a light coating of clean engine oil to the O-ring on the nozzle each of each injector.
- Install the fuel rail/injector assembly by inserting the fuel injector nozzles into the openings in the lower intake manifold.
- Tighten the fuel rail mounting bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Install the wiring harness clips to the fuel rail mounting studs.
- Attach the electrical connectors to the fuel injectors.
- Install the fuel line to the fuel rail and connect the fuel supply tube.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Pressurize the fuel system with a diagnostic scan tool and check for leaks.