Removal & Installation
DO NOT place fingers in or around the throttle body plate. If the throttle body is energized, the throttle plate could move causing personal injury. Always disconnect the negative battery cable prior to servicing the throttle body.
DO NOT move the throttle plate while power is connected to the throttle body. This may cause fault codes to set.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable at the battery.
- Remove the throttle body air intake hose.
Disconnect the throttle body electrical connector (1) from the throttle body (2).
- Remove the throttle body support bracket bolt.
- Remove the 4 bolts, throttle body bracket, and throttle body from the intake manifold.
- Inspect the four j-nuts for damage or excessive wear, remove if necessary.
- Inspect the intake manifold-to-throttle body gasket for damage, remove if necessary.
- Install a new intake manifold-to-throttle body gasket, if replacement was necessary.
Install 4 new j-nuts, if replacement was necessary.
WARNINGDO NOT OVER TORQUE. Over-tightening can cause damage to the throttle body, gaskets, bolts and/or the intake manifold.
- Install the throttle body (4) to the intake manifold.
- Install the throttle body support bracket (3) and tighten the bracket bolt (2) to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the 4 bolts (1) and hand tighten.
Tighten the bolts in a crisscross pattern sequence to 65 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector (1) to the throttle body (2).
- Install the clean air hose and tighten the clamps to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable, tighten the nut to 45 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
Use a scan tool and clear all fault codes, then perform the ETC RELEARN function.
NOTEA Scan Tool may be used to learn electrical parameters. Go to the Miscellaneous Menu, and then select ETC Relearn. If the relearn is not performed, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set. If necessary, use a scan tool to erase any DTC-s from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).