- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the engine fan. Refer to Engine Fan, removal & installation.
- Disconnect the radiator hoses.
- Remove the fasteners attaching the A/C condenser to the radiator. Reposition the A/C condenser out of the way.
Remove the radiator assembly by lifting it up and out of the engine compartment.
WARNINGCare should be taken not to damage the cooling fins and tubes during removal.
- Install the lower air seal to the radiator.
- Position the radiator into the mounting position.
- Position the A/C condenser against the radiator. Hand start the fasteners.
- Install the radiator fan/shroud assembly. Hand start the fasteners.
- Tighten all the condenser fasteners to 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Tighten all the radiator fan fasteners to 55 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Install the fasteners attaching the transmission oil cooler to the radiator. Tighten the fasteners to 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Connect the lower air seal to the side air seals.
- Connect the lower radiator hose. Align the hose and position the clamp so it will not interfere with the engine components.
- Connect the radiator fan electrical connector.
- Connect the power steering hoses.
- Close the radiator draincock.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the upper radiator hose. Align the hose and position the clamp to prevent interference with the engine or hood.
- Install the upper radiator closure panel and center brace.
- Install the grille.
- Install the battery tray and battery.
- Connect the positive battery cable. Connect the negative battery cable.
- Install the air cleaner housing assembly.
- Fill the cooling system with coolant.
Operate the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature. Check the cooling system for the correct fluid level.